Legacy giving is the ultimate gift from those who support CELDF’s commitment to engage with and empower community partners to build local self-governing, anti-racist, and earth-centered cultures.
Planned gifts of all sizes are important and play a big role in ensuring that CELDF can adapt to the expanded needs of communities by gearing up to accommodate locally-specific organizing and legal strategies through a toolbox of approaches.
Thank you for considering this important and powerful step. We are honored and humbled to be a part of your legacy
Some Reasons to Become a Legacy Donor
- Economic freedom and security
- Takes the burden and potential conflict away from family members
- Peace of mind
- Reduce tax burden to you and your heirs
Types of Planned Gifts
While there are many different planned giving vehicles, bequests and beneficiary designations are popular for their simplicity and ease:
- Bequests: Donate cash and/or securities through your will, now or later, by naming the organization(s) of your choice as the beneficiary. Ready to make this special kind of gift?
- Beneficiary Designations: You can donate life insurance and retirement plan gifts (IRAs and 401Ks) by designating the organization(s) of your choice as the beneficiary. Please talk to your attorney or financial planner to determine what works best for you and your family. Often your advisor can show you options to give the same amount at a lower cost, or how to give more to your favorite organizations without increasing the cost of giving.
Potential Benefits of Making a Planned Gift
- Deferred gifts do not affect current economic freedom and/or stability.
- You have the freedom to change your mind (revocable) if your situation changes.
- It costs less to donate IRAs and retirement/pension plans to charity than to pass on to children.
Important information to make your gift:
Full Name: Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF)
Address: PO Box 360, 10914 Clay Lick Road, Mercersburg, PA 17236
If you or your attorney have any questions, please contact Stacey Schmader at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting CELDF.