The revolution may not be televised but it needs to go viral and that’s where you come in. CELDF’s Multimedia Specialist is key to building awareness and motivating people and communities into action. CELDF has the tools and options for deep systems change – come help us build a movement.
Summary of Position
10 Hours per week (contract position) at $20/hour
CELDF is an action-directed non-profit working on big systems changes in the realms of community-based governing authority, controlling corporate power, and instituting a culture and system that is naturecentric – honoring and protecting the rights of ecosystems. Our approach to building and supporting the potential for such changes is engaged in awareness building, education, and various levels of action in the name of community resilience/resistance. As such, there is a need to continually generate a range of content both for new arrivals to the work, as well as for those more seasoned.
CELDF is in need of a multimedia specialist who can generate content in a variety of formats and of varying levels of complexity. There are three categories of content generation: regular, event-specific, and special projects. Regular content would be aimed at social media platforms as well as mass communications like regular eblasts. Event-specific content would include promotional items and live streaming, as well as recordings of events to use as educational items based on workshops, webinars, presentations, etc. Special projects would range between video brochures, content for the education program area, and donor relations. The formats of content would range from animation to podcasts to short videos. Because of the weight and potential of the work CELDF is engaged in the expectation is that the Multimedia Specialist will create content that is highly engaging, visually appealing, and serves as an effective aid in all aspects: awareness, education, and action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and design multimedia content, including video, audio, graphics, animation, and interactive media, to support our awareness building, education, and action efforts.
- Create innovative multimedia materials for a range of stakeholders.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to generate creative ideas for multimedia projects.
- Ensure multimedia content meets organization standards for quality and brand consistency.
- Work with project teams to ensure multimedia projects are completed within tight deadlines.
- Monitor and track multimedia project progress.
- Ensure all multimedia materials are stored, backed up and archived properly.
Abilities, Knowledge, And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in multimedia design, graphic design, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in multimedia design and production.
- Proficiency in using multimedia software + tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk 3ds Max.
- Knowledge of video and audio production techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong eye for detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
Please email a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the required qualifications. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Multimedia Specialist Coordinator Position. Deadline: September 30, 2023.
CELDF is helping build a decolonial movement for Community Rights and the Rights of Nature to advance democratic, economic, social, and environmental rights – building upward from the grassroots to the state, federal, and international levels. For more information, go to celdf.org.