SUMMARY OF POSITION
CELDF seeks a Foundation and Donor Outreach Assistant. The person in this position will play an integral role in expanding CELDF’s support for its mission to advance democratic and environmental rights. The Assistant will aid in donor outreach, as well as researching and drafting grant proposals. This is a part-time position to start, with the possibility of an expanded role over time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in developing annual fundraising goals, including strategies, implementation steps, and timelines.
- Assist in drafting donor outreach materials and conducting donor communications.
- Assist in drafting letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and related materials for foundations.
- Researching and identifying foundation opportunities.
- Assist in analyzing donor and foundation data, developing and drafting reports, and preparing related materials and attachments.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Excellent marketing, writing, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong technical skills to work in GiveWP program.
- Experienced in Constant Contact e-marketing program.
- Creative skills in developing visually appealing and engaging marketing and website materials.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized.
- Strong social media skills a plus.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and to work independently.
- Commitment to maintaining good donor relations, confidentiality, and accurate records.
Please email a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the required qualifications. Please attach one writing sample. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Foundation and Donor Outreach Assistant. Deadline: February 8, 2019.