"Our community wrote a new constitution, with wide community support and input, to protect our rights and our environment. And now we've been sued, not only by a corporation that wants to profit by dumping toxic waste in our community, but also by our own state 'environmental protection' agency. Our fight continues, but we also hope that the latest shameful actions by the DEP inspire others to stand with us, and stand up in their own communities, against unchecked corporate and state power."
Stand with Grant Township, and champion the people and their community rights. Here’s how:
Here’s what your help can do in 2019:
- $25 covers postage for 100 Common Sense newspapers.
- $50 ensures a community member can attend a Community Rights workshop, teaching the tools needed to confront corporate control and state interference on a powerful single front: people’s and nature’s inalienable rights.
- $100 covers travel expenses for our community organizer to speak at an event educating residents on Community Rights.
- $250 allows us to print and distribute informational handouts on Community Rights and Rights of Nature as tools to protect local communities.
- $500 allows us to provide 10 scholarships to community members to attend a Community Rights workshop.
Images by Justin Nobel